Showing 1–7 of 37 results

  • Vondeling Babiana 2011 – 3 bottles (Lot 73)

    Starting bid: R470.00

    A blend of 60% Chenin Blanc, 15% Viognier, 10% Chardonnay and 15% Grenache Blanc, it has a very attractive bouquet of light honey, dried pineapple and Germanic, petrol notes. The palate is very well balanced with crisp acidity, well integrated creamy oak and very good weight on the finish. This is very refined with great length and persistency.

    The Babiana noctiflora is a rare species of fynbos found only on the Paardeberg Mountain. It has is a delicate yellow flower, which releases its scent in the evenings to attract moths for pollination.

    Bid now
  • Villa Travignoli Tegolaia Chianti Rufina Riserva 2010 – 3 bottles (Lot 72)

    Starting bid: R1,050.00

    This wine has great personality, roundness and balanced.  This wine is the product of the best exposure and mature Sangiovese vines.  On the nose you’ll expect dark cherry with earthy herbal flavors.  The pallet is bold and full of cherry, baking spices, and cedar.  This wine pairs well with red meats and savory dishes, especially grilled meats.

    Varietal: Sangiovese

    Region: Tuscany, Italy

    Bid now
  • Strandveld Adamastor 2014 – 6 bottles (Lot 71)

    Starting bid: R1,150.00

    Adamastor, God of wind and storms is portrayed in the tempestuous weather Bartholomeu Diaz and other early explorers had to overcome when rounding Africa’s southernmost tip. The grapes for this wine come from a vineyard not far off the coast where Diaz first rounded the continent. Combinations of relentless winds and low yields lend themselves to this superb Bordeaux style Sauvignon blanc/ Semillon blend.

    Bid now
  • Steenberg Nebbiolo 2012 – 6 bottles (Lot 70)

    Starting bid: R1,220.00

    This medium bodied Nebbiolo is light in colour with dried prunes, apricots, rose petals, and potpourri on the nose. Soft oaky notes support the wine well and add weight to the finish. Big tannins, unique to Nebbiolo give the wine backbone and structure.

    Earthy notes on the after taste and a good acidity makes this wine a great wine to enjoy with food, extremely well complemented by any form of mushrooms or truffles.

    Variety: 100% Nebbiolo

    Winemaker: JD Pretorius

    Wine of Origin: Constantia

    Analysis: alc : 14.5 % vol  rs : 4.6 g/l  pH : 3.53  ta : 6.3 g/l

    Bid now
  • Steenberg Catharina 2013 – 6 bottles (Lot 69)

    Starting bid: R1,410.00

    The wine is full-bodied and reflects a fusion of the best red varieties at Steenberg. The nose shows aromas of ripe red fruits, dried herbs, aniseed and lavender. On the palate dried herbs, plums, cedar-wood and spice. Firm tannins give the wine backbone and will allow it to develop well in the bottle.

    Variety:  62% Merlot, 33% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Shiraz

    Winemaker: JD Pretorius

    Wine of Origin: Constantia

    Analysis: alc : 14.0 % vol  rs : 2.2 g/l  pH : 3.66  ta : 5.4 g/l

    Bid now
  • Reyneke Reserve Red 2013 – 6 bottles (Lot 68)

    Starting bid: R2,190.00

    The fermentation involved 30% whole clusters selected in concrete fermentation tanks and crushed by foot. The remaining grapes were bunch selected and destemmed over the crushed whole clusters. Spontaneous fermentation occurred and the wine was transferred for 24 month barrel ageing in 70% 2nd fill 300l French barriques while the remaining 30% was in older French oak barriques.

    The wine shows an elegant bouquet of perfumed red forest berry fruit with subtle hints of spicy clove. Following with a soft tannin structure the palate shows length and complexity with a spicy, savoury subtle fruit finish. Further bottle maturation will allow for further integration and evolution of the wine.

    Analysis: Alc 14.13 %, RS 1.66g/l, TA 4.49 g/l, VA .68 g/l, pH 4.03

    Bid now
  • Mvemeve Raats De Compostella 2011 – 3 bottles (Lot 67)

    Current bid: R2,510.00

    Deep, dark intense ruby colour. Red plum and black cherry fruit with a hint of cinnamon. Rich and muscular with mineral, black berry fruit and dark chocolate on the finish. Harmoniously composed of sufficient of each of the five main Bordeaux varieties to ensure none dominates. This wine shows a consistent, linear flavour profile.

    Variety:  52 % Cabernet Franc, 20% Malbec, 13% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, 6% Petit Verdot

    Winery:Raats Family Wines

    Winemakers: Mzokhona Mvemve and Bruwer Raats

    Wine of Origin: Stellenbosch

    Analysis: alc : 14.5 % vol  rs : 3.3 g/l  pH : 3.46  ta : 5.9 g/l

    Bid now
1 2 3 4 5 6