VEGAN BROCCOLI “TATAKI” RECIPEMarch 23, 2020
GRILLED SIRLOIN WITH BLACK PEPPER JUS RECIPEMarch 23, 2020
CURRIED CALAMARI WITH BABA GHANOUSH RECIPE
by Steenberg Executive Chef Kerry Kilpin
baby calamari sliced 3mm thick into rings
15ml Rajah Medium
- Combine the flour and curry spice.
- Dust the flour in the spice over a sieve. Remove any excess flour.
- Fry in a pre-heated fryer at 200 degrees Celsius for roughly 15
- Season with salt.
1 red chilli
- Drizzle the aubergine with olive oil salt and pepper and roast
in the oven until soft at 170 degrees Celsius. Allow to cool.
- In a food processor combine the aubergine, garlic, chilli, herbs
and tahini. Blend to form a smooth paste.
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Season with the juice of a lemon and salt and pepper.
Accompany the calamari with avocado, soy syrup and toasted sesame seeds.
Serve with a glass of Steenberg Sphynx Chardonnay.