WHIPPED YOGHURT MOUSSE RECIPEMarch 23, 2020
BEETROOT CARPACCIO RECIPEMarch 23, 2020
LAMB NECK STUFFED WITH RICOTTA AND HERB WITH LEMON JUS
by Steenberg Executive Chef Kerry Kilpin
1kg deboned lamb neck
10g chopped basil
10g chopped parsley
Zest of 1 lemon
1 onion chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 stick celery chopped
1 lemon juiced and zested
Salt and pepper
- In a food processor combine the ricotta, herbs and lemon juice,
season with salt and pepper.
- Open the neck up and season with salt and pepper on the inside
and out. Lay the neck “skin” side down
and spread the filling over the entire surface of the meat. Roll up like a
swiss roll and secure the meat by rolling with butcher’s string.
- Prepare a roasting tin with the chopped vegetables and
stock. Lay the lamb neck on top of the
- Braise in a preheated oven of 160 degrees Celsius for 2-3 hours
or until cooked. When you place a skewer in the meat it will have no
- Once cooked remove the meat from the pan and allow to rest.
- Combine the vegetables and stock from the roasting pan and
blend. Pour into a pot and bring to the
boil. Add the zest, lemon juice and
butter. Season with salt and pepper.
Strain before serving.
15g chopped mint
800g butternut cubed and roasted
To Serve: Slice the lamb neck and place on the roasted butternut. Drizzle the lemon jus around and top with mint, peas and feta cheese.
Serve with a glass of Steenberg Merlot.